Welcome to our site
CHESTER SOIL AND WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS:
Left to right: Rodger McDaniel, Joey Gaston, Allen L. Beer, and Mac Turner. Unavailable: Jeff Wilson
Standing left to right: Scott Glenn, Bruce Andrews
Seated: Carol Shockley
Unavailable: Jackie Heuermann
The Chester Soil and Water Conservation District, a subdivision of state government, was organized on March 4, 1938, in accordance with Conservation District Law Number 182 of the 1937 South Carolina General Assembly. It was originally organized as a part of the Catawba Conservation District, which included Chester, Fairfield, Lancaster, and York Counties. The Chester District became a single county conservation district on July 7, 1950.
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
ALLEN L. BEER, CHAIRMAN
JEFF WILSON, VICE CHAIRMAN
LOUIE M. (MAC) TURNER, SECRETARY-TREASURER
D. RODGER MCDANIEL
JOE S. GASTON, JR.
REV. DR. DWIGHT PEARSON, CHAPLAIN